Thursday 31 January 2013

Kanger EVOD - new product review

I do enjoy trying out new products, so when I spotted the new Kanger EVOD had arrived at
iVapour-Elixir, I just had to try one out to see what they were like - so I quickly ordered some from here:

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/evod.html

The EVOD is the latest development from Kanger, the next step from the T3 range - it has a replaceable bottom coil and comes in 3 parts - base unit/coil/tank unit - and holds about 1.5ml of e-liquid.


The picture on the left show what they look like, and on the right you can see one attached to an eGo battery to give an idea of size.

I have been using one almost constantly for the last five days and I have to say that I am really pleasantly surprised. This seems to be a nice improvement on the T3 and I do prefer these to the Vision clearos (my usual atty of choice).

It has a 1.8 ohm coil, although I measured the resistance to be 2.0 ohms - so there might be a slight variability in the coils, although having said that, I am not sure how accurate my reading was - so lets say that it is somewhere between 1.8 and 2.0.

They certainly produce a large amount of vapour and provide a great flavour from the juice, so no problems on that front. Being a bottom coil unit, the vapour is slightly cooler than the vapour from a top-coil Vision, but it delivers a nice smooth and satisfying vape.

The EVOD appears to be tougher than a Vision, more harder wearing over time by the look and feel of it (although time will tell) - and being bottom coil, there is no need for regular tipping to keep the wicks wet, however it is slightly more fiddly to refill. The mouthpiece is attached to the tank - so to refill you need to take it off the battery and turn it upside-down and then remove the base, after that it is simply a matter of filling up with e-liquid and putting it all back together again.

In five days of near-constant use, I have not had a single leak, gurgle or dry hit - it has performed perfectly every single time. Some people might prefer a slightly larger liquid capacity, but perhaps Kanger thought that if they made it much longer then the draw would be too airy and it is designed for an eGo battery, so the diameter is set. Personally, I found the 1.5ml capacity to be fine, and I am happy to trade an extra refill every now and then for better performance.

Well, I like this - it does just exactly what it is meant to and has turned out to be a very reliable, sturdy piece of kit. Actually, I would go so far as to say that this is one of the best 'works straight out of the box' new products that I have tried.

Will I be ordering more ?   -   YES !




No comments:

Post a Comment